Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You can't always get what you want

So, I have been looking for a dishwasher for some time. I want a 19" portable dishwasher with a butcher block top. I live in an apartment with a very small kitchen and almost no counter space, so this would be a way of getting some. The problem is I could not find one for the life of me.
So I got a 19" portable dishwasher with a horrid plastic top:


And a butcher block from my kick ass boss (Thanks kick ass boss!!)
That and a few tools:


Remove the old top. Two screws, slide and lift:



Note the troth for the raised screw holes:



Mark the hole locations and troth locations.

The screws clip into notches:



Pre-drill the holes and screw in the screws the correct amount. I used tape on the drill bit to know how far to go (I left my drill press in my other pants):



Route out the holes for the screw "bumps".
This is my router:


So I guess that is why my cut looks like this:


So, it is true that "You can't always get what you want"

"But if you try sometimes well you just might find You get what you need":

2 comments:

Dr. Strangelove said...

Thats pretty fucking awesome dude!

jwfbean said...

Wow. That's some work. Way to go.