Friday, February 12, 2010

Practice, and Beginning, or 40 Below Zero

So, I am leaving for kazakhstan in a few weeks (I don't know how many, but 3 or 4 is a working number). Don't worry about breaking into my empty house wile I am gone, there will be more people here than there are when I am in town (everybody loves my cat and are queued up to house sit for her). Why am I going? Cuz I am tired of telling people the temperature and having them ask Fahrenheit or Celsius?

But anyway, I will be taking many a photo during the trip and writing about what I see. I will be adding notes as to which camera was used what day and about what I saw (this is for me so I can look back and have an idea as to what I was photographing and why) so you will see the following notes as I blog (I will have internets for most of the trip) and some pix may start showing up on my flickr during the trip. I reserve the right to change my notation.
DC: Digicrap (Nikon CoolPix)
D80: Nikon D80 Digital
F100: Nikon F100 35mm Film
120: Mamiya RB-67 Pro S(120 Film, 60mmX70mm)

Yes, there are a lot of Nikons on the list, I can swap lenses from the D80 and the F100 (Oh, and thieves, if you are trying to steal my cameras, I keep them in my bedroom next to my collection of antique bear traps)

Anyway, I have not taken any pix of the trip yet. But I did go to the doctor to get medically certified for offshore work.

1 comment:

hern42 said...

Thumbs up! 'will be following closely.
("Digicrap", ah! I see it's spreading...)